“Ayaw Ako’g Biyai” composed by Jerald Decem Castro, aka Jade Castro, was named as the grand prize winner for the Pop/Ballad category in the 34th Cebu Pop Music Festival. The 2014 Music Festival was held at the Cebu Coliseum on Friday night, January 17th. The song was interpreted by Jacqueline Chang, who also won the Best Interpreter award.
The champions from the three categories received P100,000 each and a trophy. The best interpreter received P10,000 and a trophy.
VIDEO: Ayaw Akog Biyai
Here are the rest of the finalists in all the categories.
1. “Ayaw Akog Biyai “by Jerald Decem Castro – WINNER
2. “Hagawhaw” by René Jose Ontales Campomanes
3. “Damgohon Ko Na Lang” by Archie Lesiguez
4. “Hain Na Ang Saad Mo” by Ogie Melgar
FOLK, COUNTRY, and NOVELTY
1. “Limpya Butas” by Franklin Padayogdog, Carlito Betito, Roy Riel Tabasa
2. “Baha” by Emmanuel Labrador Abellana
3. “Sakay Na Mo” by Arman Mahinay
4. “Laylay Sa Bukid” by Ronil Watin and Yoojin Raye Anthony Burgos – WINNER
1. “I Love Cebu” by Russe Ching Alegado – WINNER
2. “Lakat Panginabuhi” by Bienvenido Racho
3. “Huning Sugboanon” by Manolito Dignos Languido
4. “Ceboom” by Dennis Martin
PHOTO SOURCE: Facebook