So the rumors are true. The T-Mobile $99 iPhone plan debuted today, Friday. This is the first time that the U.S. wireless carrier will offer the Apple’s iPhone device.
So how will the plan work? T-Mobile customers with good credit can buy the iPhone 5 for $99.99 down and 24 monthly payments of $20. This is completely different from the tradition of subsidizing smartphones in exchange for two-year service contracts. T-Mobile keeps phone costs and plan costs separate. So when your phone is paid off, your monthly bill can go down.
The company was the last of the four major U.S. carriers to get the iPhone.
What can you do with your iPhone 5 on T-Mobile?
– Download “all-you-can-eat” music, videos, and photos fast on T-Mobile.
– Enjoy crystal clear high-definition calling with T-Mobile, the only US carrier with nationwide HD Voice on iPhone 5.
– Talk it up face-to-face without restrictions on your iPhone 5 with T-Mobile, the only US carrier to offer FaceTime video calling without Wi-Fi on an unlimited nationwide 4G network.
– Be a multitask-master; talk and surf at the same time on your iPhone 5 from T-Mobile—the only nationwide network with unlimited 4G data.
– Tether and share data with your iPad with our Simple Choice Plan.