Here are some interesting numbers from Apple CEO Tim Cook that he mentioned during the Apple announcement of the newest iPad HD. I also listed some of the features of the iPad HD.
– 585,000 apps currently in the App Store
– “iPhone, iPad, iPod touch are all based on iOS and we have now sold an astonishing 315 million devices through last year, 62 million in Q4 2011”
– There are 25 billion apps that have been downloaded! The 25 billionth was downloaded in China.
– 100 million iCloud users
– 15.4 million iPads sold in the last quarter of 2011
– The new iPad has 2048 x 1536 – the most ever in a mobile device.
– A5X processor – “twice as fast and four times the? performance”
– 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into ?the A5X chip
– 1080p video recording
– voice dictation
– “The iPad like all great iOS devices has a great keyboard and now you’ll see there’s a new key on the bottom: a microphone.”
– SIRI in US English, British, Australian, French, German and Japanese
– 4G LTE – “Performance is amazing and you’re going to love using it on these new high-speed networks.” LTE partners include Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T.
– battery life is 10 hours. 9 hours on 4G.
– Size: 9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.
– $499 for 16GB, 32GB is $599, and 64GB for $699
– 4G it’s $629, $729 and $829
Same prices as current iPad, available on March 16th
Preorders starts today in US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan.